Young people were disproportionally impacted during the recession and recovery of youth employment opportunities has been slow. Gaining work experience and training is critical for young people seeking entrance to the job market.
The Youth Employment Program has been a key component of the Youth Workforce Development System for over 30 years in the County and City of Los Angeles. Now launching year-round, the HIRE LA’s Youth program is expected to connect over 20,000 youth from across the region to employment.
When: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 11a.m.
Where: County Hall of Administration – West edge of Grand Park, across the street from the Music Center, above the fountain
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
- Representatives from supporting companies, including Blair Taylor, Chief Community Officer, Starbucks; and Lisa Deloney, Managing Director and Market President, Citibank
- Youth participants