The South Whittier Educate & Celebrate Festival is coming to Adventure Park on Saturday, August 25, Supervisor Don Knabe announced this week.
The South Whittier Educate & Celebrate Festival will be held on the last Saturday of this month and is expected to draw over one thousand people from the community.
There will be over 50 vendors in attendance that will set up informational booths in the park. There will also be a Health Fair between the hours of 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. In addition, several musical guests including Little Willie G., Los Tamaleros, Exposure, and the LA Rhythm Kings, will be performing starting a 3:00 p.m. Other activities available at the festival will include:
– Parenting Classes
– College Information: (Rio Hondo College, Whittier College, and Cerritos College)
– Local Youth Entertainment
– Arts & Crafts
– Kids Zone & Book Fair
– School Supply Giveaways (Pre-registration required)
– Free Haircuts
– School District Information: (South Whittier School District, East Whittier City School District, Whittier Union High School District, and Whittier City School District)
– Youth Boxing & Karate Demos
This will be one of the largest community events in the history of South Whittier, said Supervisor Knabe. We are thrilled by the response and excitement that the community is showing for this event.
The festival is sponsored by Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe, the Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation, and Care 1st Healthplan; other sponsors include: Southern California University of Health Sciences, Rose Hills, Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital, Wal-Mart, and Mitsubishi Motors of Whittier. For more information on the festival or to register for the school supply giveaways, please call (626) 333-1369.