The Los Angeles County Arts Commission has announced $4,318,000 in two-year grants to 194 nonprofit arts organizations. The current awards represent a $200,000 increase in funding from the previous grant cycle and provide support to ensure arts organizations continue to provide cultural services to the diverse population that comprises Los Angeles County.
Grant amounts range from $3,500 to $214,400. Grantee organizations are spread throughout L.A. County including 32 located in the Fourth District. Over 80 knowledgeable panelists from the arts community, including artists, nonprofit arts administrators and members of the academic community, reviewed and scored the applications.
“Whether it’s a local theatre production or a concert in the park, the arts are an important part of our community,” said Supervisor Knabe. “I am so pleased that in these tough economic times, Los Angeles County is able to support these first-rate organizations so that they can continue exposing the residents of the Fourth District to high-quality art, music and culture.”
2013-14 ORGANIZATIONAL GRANTS FOURTH DISTRICT RECIPIENTS
(Listed in alphabetical order)
• Angels Gate Cultural Center
• Chamber Orchestra of the South Bay
• Culture Shock Los Angeles Dance Troupe
• Downey Symphonic Society Inc.
• Dramatic Results
• Friends of Arts Education at the Cerritos Center
• Impro Theater Los Angeles TheatreSports
• Institute of Art Music and Science
• International City Theatre
• JC Culture Foundation
• Khmer Arts Academy
• Kings and Clowns Inc.
• Long Beach Chorale & Chamber Orchestra Inc.
• Long Beach Community Band
• Long Beach Museum of Art Foundation
• Long Beach Opera
• Long Beach Symphony Association
• Los Cancioneros Master Chorale
• Musical Theatre West
• Pacific Crest Youth Arts Organization
• Precision Dance Company
• Public Corporation for the Arts
• Regina Klenjoski Dance Company
• Ryman Carroll Foundation
• San Pedro City Ballet
• Saturday Night Bath Concert Fund
• Shakespeare by the Sea
• South Bay Ballet
• South Bay Chamber Music Society
• South Coast Dance Arts Alliance
• The Garage Theatre
• Whittier Community Theatre