Public and private sectors join forces to open new soccer fields

Last week we celebrated a great example of the public and private sectors coming together for the benefit of a community when we opened new soccer fields in Torrance.

The County owned 30 percent of the land and the State the other 70 percent.  When I was asked if we could turn this fenced-off, weed-infested lot into playing fields for the kids, I couldn’t say YES fast enough!

Once we got the State on board, the City did a fantastic job of getting work done quickly.  Special thanks to Toyota for stepping in when the budget got tight.

While a lot of people made this project happen, in the end, it was government working with the private sector to build something that generations of young people will enjoy for decades to come!