State leaders will join Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Chairman Don Knabe to discuss a “War on Child Sex Trafficking” package of state legislation that will target sex buyers. Earlier today, the Board unanimously voted to support the legislative package that includes longer jail time for sex buyers, adding human trafficking to a list of gang-related activities, allowing wiretapping to be used in sex trafficking cases, and streamlining a victim’s testimony against her exploiter.
Supervisor Knabe will also announce the launch of a new public awareness campaign that will appear on Metro buses and trains, and on billboards provided by Clear Channel Outdoor.
- Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Chairman Don Knabe
- State Senator Ted Lieu, D-Torrance
- State Senator Bob Huff, R-Diamond Bar; Senate Minority Leader
- Daphne Phung, California Against Slavery
- Jessica, Survivor-Leader
- Layne Lawson, Clear Channel Outdoor
Supervisor Knabe will announce Los Angeles County’s support of a “War on Child Sex Trafficking” package of legislation to strengthen penalties for buyers and sellers of minors for sex. He will also unveil a new public awareness campaign.
Friday, April 11, 2014 at 9:30am
Front Steps of the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
* This public service campaign originated as ProtectOaklandKids, a