Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe announced today that the popular Beach Shuttle serving Marina del Rey, the Venice Beach Pier, and Playa Vista will return again this summer.
“Thanks to our continuing partnership with Playa Vista, anyone who wants to spend time at a beautiful beach or visit Marina del Rey and Playa Vista will be able to enjoy the ride without the worry of high gasoline prices, parking fees, or traffic headaches,” Supervisor Knabe said.
The Beach Shuttle will operate on Fridays, weekends, and holidays through Sunday, September 27th.
- Friday and Saturday operating hours are 10:00am 10:00pm.
- Sunday and holiday operating hours are from 10:00am to 8:00 pm.
- During the “Symphonic Thursday” evening concerts at Marina del Rey’s Burton Chace Park (July 2, 16 and 30; August 13), the Beach Shuttle will operate from 5:00pm to 10:00pm, providing direct round trip service to Burton Chace Park.
- During the “Pop Saturday” evening concerts at Burton Chace Park (July 11 and 25; August 8 and 22), the Beach Shuttle will operate until to 10:00pm, providing direct round trip service to Burton Chace Park.
- Playa Vista’s “Summer Concerts in the Park” on Sundays from 5:00pm – 6:30pm at Concert Park (June 14, July 19 and August 16) and at Campus Central Park (June 28, July 12 and August 2) with provided Beach Shuttle service.
- The Beach Shuttle will also provide service via a special route to the Abbot Kinney Festival on Sunday, September 27 only, between 10:00am and 8:00pm
Shuttle stops are conveniently located near several Marina del Rey Water Bus boarding locations.
The free service will travel from the Marina area every 30 minutes, carrying riders to major points of interest, including Fisherman’s Village, the Waterside Shopping Center, Marina “Mother’s” Beach, the Venice Beach Pier and the new shops, restaurants, and theaters in Playa Vista. Shuttle stops are conveniently located near several Marina del Rey Water Bus boarding locations. Beach Shuttle buses are powered by clean-burning Compressed Natural Gas. Each bus is wheelchair accessible, and will also accommodate bicycles for easy commuting.
For additional information about the Beach Shuttle, visit the County’s Department of Beaches and Harbors’ website at beaches.lacounty.gov or its Facebook page at Facebook.com/lacdbh and Twitter site at Twitter.com/lacdbh. Information is also available by visiting Playa Vista’s website at: playavista.com and Facebook page at: facebook.com/playavistaca. For information on dining, hotels and activities in Marina del Rey go to visitmarinadelrey.com. For phone inquiries, call the Marina del Rey Visitors Center at (310) 305-9545.