Los Angeles County Public Works Department will celebrate the opening of its second permanent household hazardous and electronic waste collection center at EDCO Recycling and Transfer Center, 2755 California Ave, Signal Hill CA 90807, tomorrow, Thursday, March 7, 2013. The center will open the 2nd Saturday of every month starting March 9th from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., providing a free, convenient and environmentally safe way for County residents to drop-off their HHW/E-Waste.
- EDCO Recycling and Transfer Center Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Thursday, March 7, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
- 2755 California Ave, Signal Hill CA 90807
- Supervisor Don Knabe, Fourth District, LA County
- Mayor Tina Hansen, Signal Hill
- Mayor Bob Foster, Long Beach
- Director Gail Farber, LA County Public Works
- Chief Engineer and General Manager Grace Chan, Sanitation Districts
- of Los Angeles County
- CEO, Steve South, EDCO
VISUALS: Ribbon-cutting ceremony, facility tour, and mock drop-off of hazardous waste.
Natalia Jimenez, Environmental Affairs Section, Manager
Los Angeles County Public Works Department
Office – 626- 458-3530